Have a question or concern about precision motion control stages? Before you contact us, please browse through our FAQs below, which may address your inquiry. If you need further information after reviewing the insights below, we encourage you to get in touch with us by phone, email, or through our web form.
Click a question to learn more about what Griffin Motion can do for you!
- Does it take a long time to have customized stages designed and built to our specifications?
Not at all. Since we handle the full product lifecycle in-house, it accelerates the process of producing XY, linear and rotary stages you need. This ensures the stages deliver the value you need. That includes engineering, design, manufacturing, assembly, test, certification, and support.
- If I need one of your stock stages fast, but with a minor configuration change, can your stock parts be modified slightly to my needs?
Absolutely. We can modify a stock control stage’s mounting holes, lubrication type, or travel limits to your specification. We can even perform special testing if needed to be sure our products meet your requirements. Any requested modifications will be evaluated quickly for you. Drawings will be provided for approval before any customizations are allowed through production.
- Do you manufacture motion control stages that perform well in environments with temperature extremes, low pressure or clean requirements?
Yes. Stages can be modified to accommodate special environmental requests. We have experience building stages that operate in a broad range of temperatures, in clean room environments, and in vacuum down below 10-7 torr.
- Can you send me a 3D model of one of your stage products before I order it?
Most standard products on our website have .step files available for download on the product page. Just click on the “downloads” link. You’ll also find datasheets with precise specification details.
- How do you ensure that your stages meet our specifications exactly?
We measure accuracy, repeatability, pitch and yaw on every linear stage we make. We measure accuracy and repeatability on every rotary stage we make. Accuracy test reports are provided with each stage shipment. Our standard for measurement is our Renishaw XL80 laser and XR-20 rotary indexer.
- I want to be sure that Griffin Motion is the right fit, how can I be sure?
Email or give us a call. We don’t use high pressure sales tactics. We simply listen and give advice when we can. We are just as concerned about finding the right applications for our products. A short phone call can usually help determine if we are the right partner for you.
- Do you actually make the stages you sell?
Unlike some of the brands out there, we design, manufacture and test our stages in our North Carolina facility.
- Our products depend on high quality stages that last. How can I be sure Griffin Motion products won’t let me down?
Come see us! We frequently accommodate scheduled visits from new and existing customers to show them what we are all about. This can greatly reduce your concerns for your next high-profile project. If you visit, you will find a growing team of talented individuals who care about what they deliver. You fill also find a well-organized facility with the latest tools and equipment.